Morinaga Milk strives to
...offer products that balance “delicious, pleasurable food” with “health and nutrition”
...exert a unique presence worldwide
...contribute toward making social sustainability a reality
These objectives are the basis of the Corporate Philosophy for the many business entities within the entire Morinaga Group.
In addition, seven focus points were formulated to identify actions that Group companies should take toward contributing to society through their products, services, and other activities.
Priority Focus Points
Health and Nutrition
Morinaga Milk offers health and meaningful nutrition by developing and marketing products that combine functionality along with enjoyable taste --the basis of "For Ever Brighter Smiles."
- There is a growing need for good tasting products high in meaningful nutrition. The demand for products to meet the needs of a fast growing aging society is significantly increasing. By directing more research and development toward
such needs, Morinaga Milk can contribute to achieving better well-being, both physical and mental, to encompass more members of society.
- Morinaga Milk can change the way people live not only by creating and providing products that are appealing but also by offering new technologies and services.
Morinaga Milk manufactures safe and reliable products while taking steps to reduce energy use and cut waste to create a sustainable environment.
- Close attention is paid to the impact that all corporate activities have on climate change, forests, and other environmental issues.
- In addition of using limited resources effectively, Morinaga Milk places high priority on reducing food loss.
Business activities are conducted with full consideration given to observing human rights and respecting diversity to create a work environment in which all people can perform to their full potential.
- Morinaga Milk believes that people are the most important resource in forming a sustainable work force and indeed a sustainable society. To help ensure that the ideals contained in our motto "For Ever Brighter Smiles" are appreciated
as widely as possible, the company collaborates with affiliates, partners, and others outside the company to promote diversity and understanding of human rights issues.
Maintaining a consistent supply of high-quality goods, safety and reliability is of the utmost importance when manufacturing products and procuring necessary raw materials.
- Corporate research facilities and plants collaborate to monitor the global supply of and demand for new milk ingredients to ensure that these ingredients are used effectively.
- Safety is by far the most important issue in the supply chain. Current safety standards are in place now and will continue into the future along with improvements.
・ Nurturing the Next Generation
Nurturing the Next Generation
Morinaga Milk supports the healthy growth of the children who will contribute to creating a sustainable society.
- The company is playing a role in nurturing the next generation, both mentally and physically. Also, the company is providing career training opportunities, as well as other activities that encourage children and help ensure that
they have a bright future ahead of them.
・ Human Resource Development
Human Resource Development
Efforts are made to develop human resources capable of achieving the aspirations behind "For Ever Brighter Smiles."
- Developing human resources over a wide spectrum, from new recruits through to management, will lead to sustainable growth for the company. The goal is to make the most effective use of all employees' capabilities and to encourage
them to further develop their skills.
Morinaga Milk has established and continues to improve a highly effective governance system that can achieve sustainable growth and increase corporate value.
- Appropriate levels of communication are maintained by conversing with our stakeholders and by actively publicizing relevant information.
- Communication from top management extends throughout the company. Internal systems are in place to ensure the appropriateness of rules, foster employee awareness, and maintain fair dealing with suppliers, etc.
The company enacts these initiatives while referring to the SDG compass advocated by the United Nations, etc.
Morinaga Milk believes it is properly dealing with the priority issues of today's socially responsible corporate citizens and pledges to continue doing so in the future.
Development Goals (SDGs)
SDGs include 17 goals and 169 targets related to sustainable development stipulated by the United Nations.
These goals were adopted in 2015, with 2030 set as the target year for achievement.
Based on the concept of “Leave no one behind,” the goals require not only governments and NGOs, but also private companies, to help solve in the course of daily activity the various problems facing the world, such as economic disparity, sustainable
consumption and production, and climate change, etc.
Morinaga Milk contributes to the achievement of SDGs.
Expanding a sense of mutual understanding between our seven stakeholders is the basis of Morinaga Milk’s corporate activities,
and we have identified various themes to incorporated in our relationship with each stakeholder.
We have issued the Sustainability Databook to encourage the realization of a sustainable society.
Further information is available here.